Saturday, December 22, 2018

The White Light Paramahamsa Swan Dream

[This is an Editorial Re-write of a Blog I had written years ago. Its not so much that I am better writer now, but a better editor… and still its not perfect.  Oh, today I also post a reading of this Blog on YouTube]

This very important of Lucid Dream occurred, surprisingly, while I had been dreaming about being some kind of an Insurgent who had hijacked a bus.  You see, there had just been some kind of a Raid and my part was to lay down covering fire to give the main party time for their extraction.  I only needed to hold the enemy pursuit off for 5 minutes and then I would be free to ‘melt away’ and make it to my own extraction point.  So, I had taken up a position to shield my comrades escape route.   I was armed with what seemed like a vintage long combat rifle, probably an M1 Garand,  and got off only one shot, at 3 soldiers running from cover to cover across my field of fire about 250 meters in front of me, and while no one staggered or fell, well, it must have been a very near miss, and the thing about near misses is that one can HEAR the near miss bullet whiz by, and because these bullets go faster than the speed of sound, you would hear the whistle snap as they pass just before you would hear the shot that fired it.  It’s a very disconcerting experience and they must have all realized how close they came to being killed or gravely wounded.   Well, it wasn’t 5 minutes yet, but I thought to myself that these soldiers would be spending the next 7 minutes praying for their mortal souls.  And then, supposing that I was some kind of fanatic and that I would hold my position and fight to the death, well, they would then take even more time trying to devise a plan for how they could neutralize me without taking on any personal risk to themselves.  Since that would take so long, there would be nothing for me to have to wait around for, so I assumed “Mission Complete” and ‘melted away’.

I made it to a road just as a bus was picking up passengers and came aboard.  I couldn’t conceal that huge long rifle.   I can’t imagine why I had not just discarded the thing, except maybe for the fact that it may have been more valuable to the Cause than myself and that my orders may have been “come back with the Long Rifle or don’t come back at all”.  So once on the bus it was necessary to declare myself a ‘hijacker’ because, as glib as I can be in my dreams, I could think of no other excuse for carrying around a combat rifle that was still smoking from having been fired.  I tried to act very tough and look as though I were now completely in charge, but there was a young woman who began to talk back – “What?  You can’t shoot anybody!  You’re supposed to be fighting for the People and We ARE the People, so who do you think you’re fooling anyway?”.  I thought to myself “Damn! She’s making this difficult”.  My Survival Response should have been to exercise brutal authority towards that Young Woman and that would have kept everybody else in shock and at a safe distance.  But, well, “damn!” she was right about my ‘moral imperative’ and she had said it out loud, and soon it would sink in to everybody on the bus that she WAS RIGHT and that I wouldn’t shoot anybody, and then I’d be at their mercy. But that would take a while.  People were still fear struck and it would take time to think their way out of it.  But I couldn’t have the Girl speed up the process with her correct moral insights and courageous leadership.   So I had to come to terms with her. But its not like we could have a private confab.   So I just looked at her and our eyes locked (apparently she had something to “say” to me too) and without uttering a word  I THOUGHT “What were you thinking? Why did you have to say that?  Couldn’t you just go along with my bluff?  Are you trying to get me or yourself killed?  Now, just behave yourself.  You Win!  I’m outta here, but give me five minutes or five miles! Okay?”   Well, it might be hard to believe, but her Eyes replied “Okay. Deal”.  A few minutes went by and I saw that we were passing an old abandoned railway freight yard and remembered that the tracks would lead towards my own extraction point, and so I went forward, and like an ordinary passenger asked the driver to “please” pull over and let me out.  As I got off the bus I looked back and told the people “Sorry for the inconvenience.  Oh, by the way, it’d be best if you all pretended this never happened because the Authorities will think that at least some of you were complicit and you will ALL be held 72 hours without a phone call for interrogation.  And if they don’t believe you, well, you’ve all heard about water-boarding, right?”.   I looked at the young woman, and, yes, I was sure she suspected I was lying to everybody but I was sure she’d just let it go.  A deal’s a deal, and I would have the time I needed to get away.  Then I looked down and noticed I was not wearing shoes.

Well, in Dreams, when one finds oneself not wearing shoes, it is a sign that one is on Sacred Ground.  This somehow made me realize that I was Dreaming, which turned the Dream into a Lucid Dream, and so the intensity of the dream ramped up significantly and that empty Railway Freight Yard became an exquisite place of beauty.  The dust, dirt and puddles sparkled like diamonds, rubies and pearls.   

Well, it was not my first Lucid Dream, and so I knew to set aside the plot of the Ordinary Dream and do what I had planned to do for my ‘next’ Lucid Dream (so, yes, never go to bed without a Lucid Dream Plan).  Hoovering up in levitation, I raised my legs off the ground and folded them up into a lotus position, and then intoned a few Aums and began to meditate on my Kundalini (a Dream Guru had once told me that even a few minutes of Dream Kundalini Meditation is worth thousands of hours of Waking Meditation).  Well, not even a few seconds transpired before the air, or perhaps the ‘space’ itself, began shimmering in waves and ripples and turned a wonderful shade of violet (indicating an upper shift in Frequency for the entire Dream Scene).  I was in a state of curious expectancy about it all when the space just some 10 meters in front of me simply rent open, as though a hole had been ripped into our Material Dimension.  The Opening formed a perfect circle, and out poured the Pure White Light.  It appeared like magnesium burning in front of a chromium mirror.  It all looked very real.  I had had Lucid Dreams before but nothing ever or since as visually intense as this.

The substance of the White Light quickly took up a form – a Paramahamsa Swan… not a living bird but a very ornate statuesque representation of one (like a large Coin).  It was about a meter in diameter.  And it was amazingly beautiful – despite the intensity of the White Light I could still discern the textures of the shapes and the details.  But there was little time for amazement before the Swan shot across the distance and penetrated into my forehead (yes, inexplicably going from being very large to very small).  And then a new Swan formed up out of the light to replace it, and it likewise shot over into my forehead… and again and again and again, each time more quickly, but each time the ornate and elaborate Paramahamsa Swan became simpler, more streamlined and plainer and plainer.  Finally they were coming at a rate of 8 or 10 per second, and the birds were mere ‘Vees’, like as in the way young children draw birds flying in the sky, as two curved lines, joined in the middle and the tips tapering to points at the ends.   And they were all flying into my forehead, creating a pleasant throbbing.  Oh, and they were not coming at me in a straight line from the Light Portal, but in a revolving spiral. It was really Cool!

When I awoke, my Agna Chakra was still pulsating with the feeling of this Spiritual Energy.  It was no longer perceptible as Light but tangible as a pressure sensation.  The sensation had also spread to my Crown Chakra as well as to my throat and heart chakras.

Well, in the Vedantic Tradition the Paramahamsa (Transcendental Swan) is a symbol of Enlightenment.  But I can’t say that I became Enlightened.  But I do KNOW now that there is really such a thing as the White Light and it is not just a lot of New Age BS.  And, yes, I had heard mention of the Paramahamsa Swan before, but I had assigned no particular importance to it.  I had heard the word Paramahamsa in relationship to two people. The first, “Paramahamsa” Ramakrishna (1836 to 1886) whom I always held in high regards, and the second was Yogananda who I suspect bought his Title with the proceeds from that number one best selling book he wrote about other people who actually were saints, “Autobiography of a Yogi”.  He used the book to promote his economic venture “Kriya Yoga”, but only spoke cryptically of it and for any substantial details about it one would have to pay extra.  He became the model for the quintessential New Age Predator. Wow! What a Success Story!  Such an inspiration.  He probably had 3 homes, a yacht and a private jet!  

But, yes, I am still a bit puzzled about why the Symbol of the Paramahamsa was so prominently displayed for me in such direct connection to the White Light.    

No comments: