Friday, February 15, 2008

The White Light Paramahansa Dream

This most important of Lucid Dreams occurred, surprisingly, while I had dreamt of having been a Commando/Terrorist who had hijacked a bus. We had just conducted a raid and my part was to lay down covering fire for the evacuation of the Main Team ( hmmmm… sort of a suicide mission, now that I think about it). So I hung back to fire upon the pursuers. But they did not come in my direction... the idiots thought our escape route was off in a whole other direction. I shot across them as they went by a few hundred yards away, missing them, and thought it was an opportune time for my own escape, in a third direction. So that was when I ran to a nearby road and I boarded a passenger bus and hijacked it. I acted very tough and took charge, or tried to take charge. But there was a young lady who began to talk back, and I realized I would have a problem. If she continued to call my bluff I would have to shoot her and I didn’t want to do that, and so I asked the bus driver to stop the bus... I was simply going to find another escape, if this particular one was going to be so unpleasant. I looked down and noticed I was not wearing shoes.

Well, here is a hint… in Dreams, when one finds oneself not wearing shoes, it is a sign that one is on Holy Ground. This stunned me into realizing that I was in a Dream… that I was Dreaming. Well, this realization of knowing that one is Dreaming while in a Dream typically intensifies the dream, making it much more vivid and powerful. Its called Lucid Dreaming. Well, in this enlarged state of Consciousness, my wish to get off the bus only increased and I asked the driver to pull over and I got out. I found myself in the industrial side of town, next to a large gravel pit by a rusty old railway yard. Inexplicably, it was indescribably beautiful.

In keeping with the sacredness of the moment I decided to Meditate. I intoned an AUM and arose up off the ground to hover a few meters off the ground in quiet serenity. And, true to the Guru’s words (that just seconds of Meditation in a Dream is worth thousands of hours of Waking Meditation), not even seconds transpired before the air began shimmering in waves and ripples and turned a wonderful shade of violet-pink. I was in a state of curious expectancy about it all when the space just some 10 meters in front of me simply tore open and out poured the Pure White Light, like magnesium burning before a chromium mirror, bright and seeming very real.

The substance of the Light quickly took up a form – a Paramahansa Swan… not a living bird but a very ornate statuesque representation of one. It was large – more than a meter high and wide. And it was amazingly beautiful – in the brightest White Light but still one could discern the textures of the shapes and detail. But there was little time for amazement before the Swan shot across the distance before me and penetrated into my forehead. And then a new one formed up to replace it, and it likewise shot over into my forehead as well… and again and again and again, each time more quickly, but each time the ornate and elaborate Paramahansa Swan became simpler, more streamlined. As they formed up more rapidly, they became plainer and plainer. Finally they were coming at a rate of 8 or 10 per second, and the birds were mere ‘Vees’, like as in the way young children draw birds flying in the sky, as two joined lines tapering outward. And they were all flying into my forehead, creating a pleasant throbbing.

When I awoke, the sensations acquired in the Dream persisted. My Agna Chakra was still pulsating with the feeling of this Spiritual Energy, no longer perceptible as Light but tangible as a pressure sensation. The sensation by proximity also energized my Crown Chakra as well as my throat and heart chakras.

What can account for this special Dream? Well, Life is an experiment with simply too many variables, but for that last year I had been making a special practice of intoning and reciting the Gayatri Mantra in the mornings and evenings. That is a Vedantic Mantra which invokes the Spiritual Light.

No comments: