Saturday, October 17, 2009

Will the Messiah Be a Woman

I recently had a dream; a dream that fit well within the new regime of dreams I have been having lately which place me as a member of a group. Yes, once I had been an individual, but now I have become a cog on the Great Wheel of Things. Anyway, at the center of this dream was a woman, not a young woman, who it seemed was being groomed and fitted out for some kind of role or contest. She was middle-aged and so it could not have been the usual ‘beauty contest’, but there seemed to be parallels. Attention was being paid to her appearance, but she was also being groomed for Talent and Expression. Interestingly, she did not smile… not that I was ever able to see. Not much levity in her character – this was a serious woman. But there was a great deal of gushing about her from the others. One of the ladies working upon her hair and make-up gave out the optimistic conjecture that she would certainly land First Place. Well, ‘optimistic’ projections into the future make me nervous. I always fear that hoping for the best brings the worst and that over-expectations attract a kind of ‘jinx’. So I spoke up, and not remembering exactly what I said, I said something like “No, we should be lucky if she gets second, and we certainly don’t want her to be proud”. At this moment the ladies had to go off and they got up to leave, including our Subject. As she walked by, while not remembering exactly what she said, she said something like, “yes, I will keep in mind not to be proud”. Well, it seemed like sarcasm and I echoed her on her way out… “You won’t be proud?”. It all came across as rather flat banter; that I DO remember.

After I awoke it occurred to me that I was nervous speaking around this woman, and that she was probably nervous speaking around me. Usually in my dreams I have gushing conversations with the ladies, but this was different. So it set me to wondering what was different. Why the tension?

Now, often in my dreams there had been elements describing the maturation and development of a Messianic Character… starting out decades ago, a Dream Character, as a young autocratic Prince, selfish to an infantile extent – everything was about himself. I would have to protect him from Palace Revolts. His egotism was that provoking. As years went by the Prince became idealistic, again to the extreme… he could not think clearly because of all his ‘principals’. There I had to protect him from his Wars. Wars are what occur when People in Power use any Means to protect even the slightest Ideals… not bothering to ask themselves “Is it worth it?”.

Several years ago this Dream Messiah matured. He was suddenly Wise and Clear Sighted, and not a little bit overwhelmed with the problems of the World, but I remember him resolutely marching off to address them. And he was definitely a male.

Was this Lady something of a feminine Messiah? She seemed already at the Mature Stage. There was no profound Egotism. She recognized the ‘Others’ all about her and made allowances for them. And her lack of Levity may have indicated there was no cloud of Ideals blocking her vision or putting stars in her eyes.

This all set me to thinking about the Real World. Might a Female Messiah be better received, over-all, than a Man? I was thinking that the Collective of Male Testosterone from around the world would perhaps bristle less in reflexive reaction to a Women rising to World Dominance, than some hairy man who wouldn’t get any respect until he had beaten everybody up, just like in any band of primates or pack of wolves. But, no, not really. I remembered that Female Heads of State have had a horrible time being accepted… as a percentage of their total, the girls get assassinated far more often than the boys. Apparently The Game is even rougher for the women.

But a female Messiah might have greater credibility among Women in general. I might suspect that Women from all around the World have begun to be suspect of Men… at home, in Politics, in Business. They look around and they see the men in their lives, as they drink, as they gamble, as they smoke cigarettes and as they run around from whore house to whore house, lying about every single thing they do. Would these women have much trust in a Messiah, if he were a man? I would guess not. Especially after the big let-down of Obama. Male Messiahs would all seem like so much more bullshit.

But is it important what Women think? Well, yes. Women raise children. The first notions in a child’s head are planted there by the Mother. We get our first philosophies on our mother’s lap. If we want a Generation growing up respecting a Messiah, it would probably be best if the Messiah were a Woman.

No comments: